Cidex OPA Solution is our preferred Liquid Decontamination method due to its ease of use, microbial effectiveness (it kills pathogens). This Liquid Decontamination method has excellent shelf life and extensive researched and decontaminated effectiveness (by the manufacturer). We commonly use Cidex OPA Solution on catheters.
Cidex OPA Solution is a quick and effective high-level disinfectant used on a variety of semi-critical, heat-sensitive medical devices. Cidex OPA is very effective against a wide range of microorganisms and has a near neutral pH level. No other new high-level disinfectant with such broad material compatibility like a glutaraldehyde has been made available in the last 30 years.
How does Cidex OPA work?
Cidex OPA interacts with amino acids, proteins, and microorganisms……
It also kills spores by blocking the spore germination process.
The process includes:
- Immerse clean, dry device completely in the Cidex OPA Solution.
- Ensure all devices are completely submersed in Cidex OPA Solution
- If applicable, fill all lumens
- Cover the Cidex Solution tray with a secure lid.
- Soak devices for specified amount of time to achieve high-level disinfection
Since its introduction in 1999, thousands of healthcare facilities around the world have been using Cidex OPA Solution every day to safely high-level disinfect flexible endoscopes and other medical devices.
- Effective – provides a broad-spectrum activity against bacteria, mycobacteria, viruses and fungi
- Fast-acting – fast turnaround times
- Easy-to-use – solution with low odor – requires no activation or mixing
When and why should Cidex OPA Solution be used for Decontamination?
- Metals – aluminum, anodized aluminum, brass, carbon steel, chrome plate brass, chrome plated steel, copper, nickel plated brass, nickel silver alloy, stainless steel, titanium, tungsten carbide, vanadium steel
- Plastics – polymethylmethacrylate (acrylic), nylon, polyethylene terephthalate (polyester), polystyrene, polyvinylchloride (PVC), acrylonitrile/butadiene/styrene (ABS), polysulfone, polycarbonate, polyethylene, polypropylene, acetal PTFE, polyamide
- Elastomers – polychloroprene (Neoprene), Kraton G, Polyurethane, Silicone rubber, natural rubber latex
- Adhesives – cyanoacrylate, EPO-TEK301 Epoxy, EPO-TEK 353 Epoxy